by Ash Dalvi
15 July 2011
In my final article on blitz positions, I will examine how various changes on the blitzee's side of the board in the 5/5 blitz position influence the 5/5 blitz count. In order to understand Part 2, you will need to have read the formula in Part 1.
I will look at the impact of the same alterations that I examined for the 3/3 position. These include the following:
1. The minor split
2. The split to the 18 pt
3. An escaped checker to the 13 pt
4. A defender's blot in his outfield
5. 2 defender's blots in his outfield
6. A direct shot
7. A combination of the minor split and a blot on the defender's side of the board
8. The defender has made his 9 pt
Changes to the basic 5/5 position are tricky to assess over the board and therefore, it may be useful to incorporate them into a numerical system.
|The rest of this article (133.45 K) is premium content. Please subscribe below.|
Article text Copyright © 1999-2018 Ash Dalvi and GammonVillage Inc.